Day 1: Vientiane / Arrival
Arrival to Vientiane. On arrival in Vientiane Capital, you will be met and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a charming and fascinating capital, with an interesting mix of Lao, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, French, and American influences.
Overnight in VIENTIANE
Day 2: Vientiane / City Tour
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast, we continue to explore Vientiane capital by visiting the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. . Enroute to Lao’s national precious heritage, the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, you will have the opportunity to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph. Afternoon, we continue visiting the rest of Vientiane by foot, including Wat Ong Tue, Wat Inpeng and Wat Haisok. We pass by the major shopping area continuing to the Vientiane Central Market of Talad Sao and Talad Kouadin where various goods are displayed for sale; including fresh food, household goods, souvenirs, textiles, gold, silver and antiques. We return to the Mekong Riverside in the late afternoon for observing the sunset.
Overnight in VIENTIANE
Day 3: Vientiane / City Tour
After breakfast, free and easy at leisure until time to transfer to the airport for your short flight to Xiengkhouang Vientiane – Xiengkhouang via QV401 @ 13:40 – 14:10 or similar. Upon arrival, we transfer out to visit the Plain of Jars, an impressive archaeological site where hundreds of large stone jars are littered all over the plateau. We also have time, this late afternoon seeing the old capital of Muang Khoun Province and the nearby villages, home to the Hmong hilltribe and Tai Dam people. They have an interesting local culture and a colourful history.
Overnight in PHONESAVANH
Day 4: Xiengkhouang – Luang Prabang (Road)
Breakfast at hotel. Early morning, we visit the Central Market of Phonsavanh to watch the different hill tribe people barter and exchange merchandises. We then head out towards Luang Prabang. En-route we stop off to see the Buddha images in Thampra, a site more than 200 years old, and various Hmong and hill tribe minority villages along the way. After a photo stop, we continue driving uphill, enjoying the splendid natural scenery of the mountains, the forest and landscape. The journey will take us over mountainous regions until we approach Luang Prabang, one of the most beautiful traditional towns in Asia.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 5: Luang Prabang – Pak Ou Caves – City Tour
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast, we visit the Royal Palace Museum (closed on Tuesday), which hosts a range of interesting artifacts and enjoy a short-guided tour seeing the city’s oldest temple Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, representing classical Laotian architecture. We then board a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which gives us a panoramic view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. En route, we stop at the village of Ban Xanghai, where the local speciality of rice wine is produced. Once back in Luang Prabang city we take a short drive to Ban Phanom, a village well known for its hand weaving. We also have time to visit Ban Xangkhong, Ban Xienglek, small villages well known for silk weavings and for Saa (jute) Papermaking.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 6: Luang Prabang / Departure
After breakfast, free and easy at leisure until time to transfer to the airport for your outbound flight.
End of services./.
|City||Price valid from 1st Jan 2014 until 31st Dec 2014|
|Luang Prabang||Manoluck||Villa Santi||Maison Souvanaphoum|
- • Accommodation at selected hotels, based on twin/ double occupancy with daily breakfast. Single occupancy must add the supplement single
- • Ground transportation in private A/C vehicle or tuk tuk when mentioned
- • Boat cruise as per mentioned in the program
- • Activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- • Meals as indicated on the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- • English speaking guide (local guide, one guide one place)
- • All entrance fees as mentioned in the program
- • All permissions and local taxes
- • Refreshing tissue during the transfer
- • Visas and stamps in Laos: visa available at the border (30 US$ to 45 US$ per person depending on nationality, + one passport sized picture + overtime fees; passport must be valid at least 6 months beyond travelling dates. Subject to change without prior notice from local authorities).
- • Domestics and International flights and taxes
- • International flights
- • Drinks, tips, personal expenses (such as internet, laundry, but not limited to)
- • Travel insurances
- • Banking fees
- • Any other services, meals not clearly mentioned in the proposal
- • Optional tours in the itinerary are subject to be surcharge
- • Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Indochina Voyages
- • Additional charges from hotel during its peak season
|Hotel Category||Price valid from 1st Jan 2014 until 31st Dec 2014|
|2 pax||3-4 pax||5-6 pax||7-9 pax||S.R.S|