Day 1: Vientiane / Arrival
Arrival to Vientiane. On arrival in Vientiane Capital, you will be met and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a charming and fascinating capital, with an interesting mix of Lao, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, French, and American influences.
Overnight at in VIENTIANE
Day 2: Vientiane – City Tour – Luang Prabang
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast, we continue to explore Vientiane capital by visiting the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. . Enroute to Lao’s national precious heritage, the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, you will have the opportunity to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph. This afternoon we board our short flight to Luang Prabang.
Upon arrival at the airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. We will have time today to visit Wat Visoun and Wat Aham. We climb up to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a panoramic view of the city at sunset and the Mekong River. The tour ends after a visit to the famous Night Market, where you can find a lovely selection of handmade textiles made by local and hill tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang. Note: the Royal Palace Museum is closed on Tuesdays.
Overnight at in LUANG PRABANG
Day 3: Luang Prabang – Pak Ou Caves
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast, we visit the Royal Palace Museum (closed on Tuesday), which hosts a range of interesting artifacts and enjoy a short-guided tour seeing the city’s oldest temple Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, representing classical Laotian architecture. We then board a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which gives us a panoramic view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. En route, we stop at the village of Ban Xanghai, where the local speciality of rice wine is produced. Once back in Luang Prabang city we take a short drive to Ban Phanom, a village well known for its hand weaving. We also have time to visit Ban Xangkhong, Ban Xienglek, small villages well known for silk weavings and for Saa (jute) Papermaking.
Overnight at in LUANG PRABANG
Day 4: Luang Prabang – Departure
Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast, free and easy at leisure until time to transfer to the airport for your outbound flight.
End of services./.
|Luang Prabang||Manoluck||Villa Santi||Maison Souvanaphoum|
|Vientiane||Laos Orchid||Mercure||Settha Palace|
Tour price includes:
- • Accommodation at selected hotels, based on twin/ double occupancy with daily breakfast. Single occupancy must add the supplement single
- • Ground transportation in private A/C vehicle or tuk tuk when mentioned
- • Boat cruise as per mentioned in the program
- • Activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- • Meals as indicated on the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- • English speaking guide (local guide, one guide one place)
- • All entrance fees as mentioned in the program
- • All permissions and local taxes
- • Refreshing tissue during the transfer
Tour price excludes:
- • Visas and stamps in Laos: visa available at the border (30 US$ to 45 US$ per person depending on nationality, + one passport sized picture + overtime fees; passport must be valid at least 6 months beyond travelling dates. Subject to change without prior notice from local authorities).
- • Domestics and International flights and taxes
- • International flights
- • Drinks, tips, personal expenses (such as internet, laundry, but not limited to)
- • Travel insurances
- • Banking fees
- • Any other services, meals not clearly mentioned in the proposal
- • Optional tours in the itinerary are subject to be surcharge
- • Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Indochina Voyages
- • Additional charges from hotel during its peak season
|Hotel Category||Price valid from 1st Jan 2014 until 31st Dec 2014|
|2 pax||3-4 pax||5-6 pax||7-9 pax||S.R.S|